Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Thursday, January 13, 2005

1. What's this site about?

Purpose
The purpose of this site is to track online sales of "WorldMark South Pacific by Trendwest" holiday credits.

If you're interested in learning more about Trendwest and WorldMark, see the links on the main page: trendwestwatch.blogspot.com

Association
Please note that this site is not associated, authorised or affiliated with Trendwest.

Why did I create this site?
Like many people, I was contacted by telephone and invited to attend a TrendWest information session. I chose not to sign up on the night and instead did some research on the Internet to determine the market value of Trendwest ownership. The posts and links on this site are the fruit of my research.

I have no dispute with Trendwest, nor do I intend this site to be an anti-Trendwest site. In fact, I think that the Trendwest WorldMark concept is excellent for many people, depending upon their income and holiday patterns. I'll explain more about this in future posts.

Want to read more?
Start with reading about My Trendwest Experience and then have a look at the other postings on this site. The best way is to pick an "Archive" month from the right-hand column and read all the listings in that month.

You are invited to contribute!
I'd love to get your feedback on your interactions with Trendwest. Feel free to comment on any of these posts. If you wish to send me a message directly, write to me at trendwestwatch@gmail.com

Tags:

3 Comments:

  • Has anyone actually gone on the 3 day /2 nt Vegas trip that they offer?? they said air included...what is the catch?? Last time we did the presentation thing, we got a free night at a nearby motel and a breakfast coupon. Not bad, but I want Vegas, and I don't want to pay for it... I want Trendwest to pay for it, as 3 members of my extended family have bought in to this thing at the presentation and paid WAY too much... Please let me know if you have taken the trip or if it is a scam or really restrictive??? joleetaylor@charter.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 10 August, 2007  

  • Currently I have family members who are Trendwest owners and I’ve had the privilege of visiting several of their vacation spots. I have never had a bad experience with them while staying at one of their resorts. They usually went beyond our expectations. That’s the good part.

    The not-so-good part is, I wanted to check out a presentation and get the free trip as well. I’m not sure where they got my number but we got the phone call to attend a “90-minute presentation”. My wife and I went to check it out and three hours later, got the ticket “voucher” for the trip to California (I guess showing a little interest causes this). We actually stayed until they closed up shop because they still weren’t convince that we couldn’t afford it.  Well, we made it out alive. Later we found out that trying to get an available date was like pulling teeth (which must be hard because everyone says it, but I’m not a dentist). My wife had to call several times to get them to send us the package that had dates available and then she had to mail the request to them for the dates we wanted. There was a lot of back and forth and finally when we thought everything was settled, they called us to inform us of a better package deal where you spend more than one day in California. We weren’t interested in spending more money so we wanted it just the way it was. The guy on the phone started to get frustrated and quite rude because he couldn’t seem to get us to “upgrade” the deal. Then they try to get us to take $200 US to cancel the vacation. We said no. Well, a month before we’re supposed to take out “vacation”, we get another phone call saying it’s urgent and they have some important information about our trip. So, we call them back and they are telling us now that they “overbooked” the vacation and if we’re willing to take $200 again (looking for volunteers of those who booked to cancel). Once again, we said no… surprise surprise, she asked “ will you take $250? No?” So now we’re wondering how high they’ll go, lol. If you want to deal with a little stress and don’t take the money, you might be in for a good trip, otherwise, my wife and I might consider taking the money after all because it just doesn’t seem worth all the trouble. Don’t get me wrong, the resorts they have are well worth the money we’ve spent visiting them, but trying to get the free trip without hassles, is a whole other story. They just don’t seem like they want to give it to people who turned them down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 20 November, 2007  

  • does anyone have any documentation prior to the 2010 introduction of privileges in Australia,
    I believe we were told full access to all current and future resorts but cant find this anywhere in our limited documentation and it no longer appears to be the case

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 13 January, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home