Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A good deal -- and a good deed!

I never intended to make Trendwest Watch a "for sale" site, but this e-mail from a reader just touched my heart:
I have been a trendwest owner for 5 years now, and I have used the facility once for a "wine tour".

For the past 2-3 years I have tried to get Trendwest to help me sell my share which is 7000 credits bought at $1.78 a credit, and I have 21,000 saved up to use before 1 September 2005.

I have been losing 7000 credits each year the past 2 years, as I have been unable to take time off "being in a very unpredictable industry" I have to take time off when ever the projects allow it. With only a few days notice Trendwest does not work for me at all.

I have therefore over the past 2-3 years tried to get Trendwest to help me with selling my shares. However they can not even give advice how to go about it, or fail totally to respond at all. However they ring me all the time wanting me to buy more credits at a cost now of $1.98-2.08 per credit.

I am very disheartened, all I want is to sell my credits for the same amount I bought them for and throw the 21,000 points in for free to someone who can really use this kind of timeshare. I was unfortunate in that it was a good idea for me at the time being a single mother with two children, but circumstances changed and my workplace changed, and it has since then rendered itself useless to me all together. And I just do not know how to go about selling it. There are plenty of rip-offs like Red west or something
like that that will tell you that they will sell your timeshare for less than 40%, and then they will tell you that they are not taking ownership, which is incorrect as there is a title deed involved in the sale of the
timeshare.

So I agree with your statement, This timeshare is only suited to some peoples circumstances, but surely there must be someone out there who is already a member and want more credits. Why go through Trendwest, when you can get a great deal from me?

-- Anne


If anybody wishes to contact Anne, just write to me and I'll put you in touch.

Advice for selling

It appears that eBay is the most honest and transparent place to try and buy/sell points. While other services such as those listed under my "links" section might have experience and offer escrow-like services, they'll also want a cut of the $ action.

Here's an idea -- why not offer to "rent" out some accommodation to people using the 21,000 points saved up? That will cover the annual fees for a year or two, while retaining the "value" of your ownership. You could also list this capability on WMOwners (yes, a USA site, but free to use) where there is a Renting category.

Come on, readers -- anyone care for a Trendwest holiday without having to be an Owner?

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home