Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Local WMSP Owners Club

An online user group for WorldMark South Pacific owners has been created on Yahoo and is accessible at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WMSP.

It has been started by Jim Kellog, a local WMSP unitholder who, according to his e-mail signature, has visited the following countries:
  • Austria
  • Canada
  • Channel Islands
  • Czech Republic
  • England
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong x3
  • Japan
  • Kenya
  • Mexico x5+
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand x3
  • Norfolk Island
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Tahiti
  • Taiwan
  • USA-Hawaii x3
  • USA-Mainland x10+ (40+ states)
  • Vanuatu
If this means that Jim has visited a WorldMark (or partner) resort in each of these locations, then he has had 40+ holidays. All that with only 20,000 credits per year seems pretty remarkable. Perhaps you'd like to comment, Jim?

Anyway, the WMSP group on Yahoo is yet another place to discuss WorldMark and share information amongst members. For example, Jim points out that maintenance fees increased 3% last year and housekeeping fees 15%. It's good to have somebody policing such information!

I also note that Jim has an eBay auction for 1000 credits with a starting price of $80. These credits can be transferred to another WorldMark South Pacific owner to "top-up" their points balance (unlike 'renting' which is a way of selling time to non-unitholders).

Tags:

2 Comments:

  • Hi Fabbo,

    I've been a WMSP owner for less then a year. I listed the countries I've visited (I forgot New Guinea} so others know I've travelled a bit and know the ropes.

    I started researching timeshares a year or so ago and decided WorldMark is by far the best available. I then bought three resale ownerships to merge 20K annually that had around 40K credits already banked.

    So far with WMSP I've used WM Vancouver and exchanged for Medina in Sydney twice.

    I've also booked family & friends for WM Fiji for 9 nights in a three bedroom along with two bedroom this June and may exchange for Hong Kong this September when I take the family to the opening of Disneyland there.

    Thank you for mentioning the WorldMark South Pacific Owners Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WMSP

    All WMSP owners are invited to join and please pass the word!

    Regards,

    Jim Kellogg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 29 April, 2005  

  • I'm trying to find out if I can use my Trendwest credits in Hong Kong (also want to take the kids to Disneyland). I can't seem to find any associated resorts/affiliate hotels. Any tips?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 22 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home