Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Monday, April 18, 2005

Australian re-sales service

Some of you might recall my monitoring of an eBay auction by tlcbusconsult, who seemed to be buying AND selling credits.

I've since received the following information from them:
Hi Fabbo,

You emailed me a while ago regarding my ebay ad for Trendwest memberships - as I mentioned at the time I was working on a business deal and I can now let you in on the details. I am now the official Australian agent for Redseason.com and we will be launching our Australian website in the next week or so but it is already up on the web so you can have a sneak preview. The web address is www.redseason.com.au

Redseason.com is the leading reseller of Trendwest packages in America due to their great service and focus on customer satisfaction (for both buyers and sellers) and we aim to bring the same high level of service to the Australian resale market with our new site. Some of the advantages of buying a membership through us include:
  • All memberships are Premier memberships and our pricing is fully inclusive of all transfer fees, etc.
  • All memberships are guaranteed to be fully paid for and the levies are paid in full up to the current quarter.
  • We offer a risk-free (and hastle-free) transfer process which means you don't have to pay anything until you are satisfied the membership is ready to transfer.
  • We have an excellent working relationship with the transfer department at Trendwest which means we can help you through the sale process.
  • All our staff are Worldmark or Worldmark South Pacific owners so we KNOW the answers to any questions you may have.
  • Our motto is "We will do whatever it takes to make sure you are 100% comfortable." Making sure the buyer is happy and comfortable during all stages of the buying process is our number one goal so we are always happy to answer any questions a buyer (or prospective buyer) may have.
Personally I am a very happy owner of a Worldmark South Pacific membership and have had great holidays in Fiji and Kirra Beach (Gold Coast) whilst my brother has taken advantage of my membership for a holiday at the Cairns resort and he was also extremely happy with his holiday. When I have some more time I will send you my own analysis of the value of a Trendwest membership as compared to renting holiday accommodation in the normal way.
Please have a look at the website and let me know what you think. If you have any questions at all please email or call me. I am happy for you to post a copy of this email on your website.

Regards,

Terry Bradford
Redseason.com.au
Phone: 0412 837792
Well, it's good to see more opportunities for local unitholders to sell their holding. As always, every buyer & seller should carefully look into the price & conditions of the sale.

One definite advantage of having an agent is that they know all the details -- they can ensure that credits and points are appropriately transferred and will, no doubt, ensure that payment is properly transferred between parties. The downside? Okay, they'll take a percentage but that's the cost of business. There's always eBay if their value does not justify their fees.

I notice that Terry has already put a listing on eBay (#6526031970) with 6000 credits going for a $7,200 opening bid. That's $1.20/unit and they even pay the $200 transfer fee. That looks like a reasonable market price, especially given the value of an experienced agent.

More interesting, the information on his website explains that they purchase points up-front for a stated price. This is much better than an auction because you know what you're getting and there's no waiting. However, be prepared for them to take a "margin" out of that price -- that's their income! (Plus, if they're lucky, they can get a bidding war on eBay and earn even more.)

Oh, and I notice that their eBay ID has changed from tlcbusconsult to redseason_com_au.

All in all, it's a positive step for both buyers and sellers. Good luck, Terry!

-- Fabbo

(Disclaimer: I've got nothing to do with Terry or Redseason. I only just found out his name from that e-mail!)

Tags:

1 Comments:

  • I purchased from wwww.royaletimeshare.com. The good thing was they were fully loaded so I got 24000 credits banked with not much longer before another 12,000 annual. So depends how much value you assign to banked credits. If you say they are worth .08c each then the actual price I paid for annual credits was.92. They are a little more expensive now but not much more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 26 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home