Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Unhappy, but at least not in debt

I received this message from a fan of Trendwest Watch:
Hi there Trendwest Watcher

Your’e a gem. I’ve come across to you by accident as I was typing in the trendwest thing on Google.

Boy do I loathe Trendwest and yes we’re owners, ie my husband and I. The day we're through with them I’m going to open up a bottle of champagne and drink to my freedom. We’re in our 50’s and I still can’t believe that we got caught. They do run a sleek operation and sometimes I feel that we must have been hypnotized that night when we went along to their sleek/smooth/sickly sign up . We bought 6,000 credits in the year of 2000 after we said that there was no way possible we would pay for the full amount. They were so swift and so smooth and the next thing we’re signed up for half of what they had to offer.

Luckily we were in a position to pay it outright and not on the credit card as I suspect a lot of people do, adding another 15% to their total. Anyone who thinks they’re getting a good deal with Trendwest need their head read in my opinion. So many restrictions at our every move and most of their resorts are out of the way. We have just spent time in New Zealand and wow big whoopee, they had just opened up a new resort in Rotarua. So we booked for only a couple of days as we were touring the North Island. We get there and the place is 20mins drive out of Rotarua town centre. Accommodation quite nice but the place felt like a deserted island. Nothing was happening and we couldn’t wait to get out of there through the day. We could have used our $10,000+ on many other Getaway special holidays and we would have been treated like royalty. Don’t even talk to me about the yearly levy of nearly $400 and increasing every year, because my jugular vein will be throbbing. You’re right – they do prey on the people who have travelled and love holidaying as we lived in a mining town for many years in the Northern Territory and holidaying yearly and sometimes twice yearly became compulsory.

Anyway I could go on and on about it but my aim is to warn as many people about Trendwest as I can. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Marion

Wow, that's a pretty firm opinion!

-- Fabbo

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home