Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Sunday, November 27, 2005

RCI Family & Friends

Hey folks,

Well, you've probably noticed my fellow Captain Jack by now. He'll give you insight as a Worldmark Unit Holder.

On the other hand, I remain blissfully a non-member and just returned from my RCI holiday mentioned earlier. In case you didn't know, RCI is owned by Cendant, which also owns Trendwest. RCI mostly caters for points exchanges between Timeshare organisations.

In my case, I used their Family & Friends membership (which is free!) to get a cheap deal. It appears that RCI gets whole-week bookings at various Breakfree resorts around Australia, and they're happy to on-sell them to RCI Family & Friends members up to 10 months in advance.

This, in my opinion, reduces the value of actually having a timeshare membership since you can "buy into it" whenever you wish. In fact, you can probably get a holiday for the same price as your annual timeshare maintenance payment -- without having the up-front investment! Now I've just got to see what cruises they have...

-- Fabbo

Tags:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home