Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Timerent!

From a message left by a reader:
I bought my membership secondhand 5 years ago and have not used it for a holiday once.

Each year I post my credits for rent at the price of the maintenance fee plus 1050 dollars. It is generally rented within three weeks and I only pay forty eight dollars for the rental listing....I love Worldmark!!!

-- Pete


Yes, renting out time is apparently acceptable under the Worldmark rules. In fact, my only ever stay at a Worldmark property was done via credits that I purchased from an owner.

Just one caveat -- the Worldmark owner still holds responsibility for any damages caused by the renter, so be careful dealing with complete strangers!

Using the rental money to pay for the anuual housekeeping fees is a good idea, especially since you've earned some money on the side. When people consider purchasing Wyndham credits, I suspect that they don't factor in the annual costs. Those costs alone come close to the cost of a normal holiday, which makes the whole timeshare thing worth considerably less.


-- Fabbo
Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home