Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Disney or... Busted!

From a reader...

I have read all of the above comments. I purchased a 12,000 credit "Experience" membership with WorldMark in 2008. I haven't experienced anything yet aside from repeatedly having to request a brochure or something that says when and where I can use my vacation credits. I'm about to pay my 19th and final payment of $99 for this powerful and painful lesson that will turn out to be the most expensive mistake I have ever made. I urge anyone who gets suckered into this "experience" branded debt-hole to cancel within 3 days of signing their contract by mailing this address:

WorldMark by Wyndham Experience
Recission-Contract Compliance Department
P.O. Box 690189
Orlando, FL 2869-0189

Do a google search on that address so you can find out what information you need to send them. I've lost that information.

You're better off saving $100 a month and use it however you like. I didn't find out until it was too late that I can't use the credits for airfare, I can't go to Hawaii, or the Caribbean or on any cruises. I really wanted to take a cruise. They gave me a brochure for worldmark "The Club" which is not what I paid for. So, I'm still trying to figure out how to use these credits before June, when they are scheduled to expire.

They did offer a vacation in Disneyland / California adventure but a year and a half after mailing in the voucher, I have still never received the tickets they promised.

Altogether this experience has equated to a money-draining SCAM. I like how their company posts anonymous shill comments here to offset some of the negative reviews. From what I can tell, the negative reviews are the only real ones, the rest are all shills.


Ouch! You'd think they would treat their 'Experience' customers even better than owners, but it seems not.

-- Fabbo
Tags:

2 Comments:

  • Seem like everyone here is trashing vacation resorts and a few dollars you have to spend. Those who value time with their family at wonderful places to relax at the end of the day cannot put a dollar value on those experiences or the memories they create. If time is money, then anyone who goes to the presentations simply for the free gift with no intent to buy is duly compensated for their efforts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 07 May, 2010  

  • Cant agree more ,If you dont lisen and buy the points at that sort of outlay your a fool.Had nothing but great holidays and mates have joined as well for top weeks away.
    Would you spend this kind of money on a car without making sure its ok???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 07 June, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home