Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Friday, June 18, 2010

National Vacation Sales & Service are evil

From a reader...

I was contacted by National Vacation Sales & Service in Nov. 2009. I paid $1500.00 for them to sell my property by Worldmark by Wyndham. I have never heard a word from them since. I left several messages and never heard from them again. Since them I have been scammed by others and have still not sold.

Yes, indeed! A quick Google search for them shows alerts from Wyndham and I even blogged about them previously.

There are, fortunately, reputable companies like Redseason that can re-sell memberships. The best such companies either purchase your credits directly so there's no "fee" — but they will only pay a market-discounted rate since they've got to earn a bit on the resale. Also, there seems to be a lot of sales via eBay.

Last resort... hand out leaflets outside a Wyndham office offering to sell credits at half-price to all those who enter. hehe

-- Fabbo
Tags:

2 Comments:

  • National Vacation Sales & Services promised me a sizeable amount of money Within 90 days to sell my 3 timeshares for for a listing fee of 1500.00 ea.($4500.00) Like you I never heard from them again. When I called to speak to my sales rep. I was transfered to her message machine to leave details and would return my call. NEVER happened the three times I called.

    By Anonymous actommy@atcjet.net, at Sunday, 16 October, 2011  

  • You know...it's really funny how instead of doing research to find out if you can even sell your timeshare, you just fall for the greed inside of you and trust the first one who says they can make you money. The internet is there to give you tools to find out if timeshare resale works or not. It also gives you tools to research the background of the company calling you. Now...don't get confused, I'm not saying it's right
    but if you take your time and do your research then the mistake is yours alone. Timeshare resale doesn't work at all. These companies charge you for a listing ONLY which you can do on your own. And the resorts sell you the timeshare based on lies, so the EVIL begins the day you arrived to your "90 minute no hassle tour of the resort" which begins your nightmare. If you really want out of your timeshare contact a consumer advocate that can make you aware of your rights and you can take action yourself!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 12 November, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home