Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Friday, December 17, 2010

Accidents will happen

From a reader...

Don't have an accident on the World Mark properties. I slipped getting out of the shower and dislocated my shoulder. My own insurance covered most of the cost but when I asked if they had any kind of medical benefits like most homeowners have through their insurance I was told no coverage unless I could prove them negligent. GET YOUR OWN ACCIDENT INSURANCE to cover deductibles and copays. Or try the duck.

I think the Worldmark stance is entirely reasonable. If the property owner is negligent, they would be liable. So, it's a matter of showing that they wilfully made the shower slippery.

If, on the other hand, it was an accident that was not exacerbated by their actions, I don't see why they should be liable to cover such costs. Travel Insurance is always a good idea, especially if travelling to a different country.

-- Fabbo Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home