Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Premier or Standard?

I saw somebody selling their Worldmark membership online, and they highlighted that it is a Premier membership "with exactly the same ownership rights as packages purchased directly from Trendwest".

I had to smile at this, because it reminded me of when I attended the Trendwest sales presentation. The salesperson explained that the Premier membership would only be available if purchased today, which would include things like the exchange club membership ad Bonus Time.

I have even found a reference on Samantha Madell's blog that explains why the prospectus says "Premier Owner Holiday Credits are only available for subscription by invitation on the day of attending a presentation".

The reason I smiled was that I asked the salesperson what proportion of people buy the Standard membersip, and he said -- "We haven't sold any, because nobody ever comes back".

I think that just proves that Trendwest's price markup of 100%+ on Worldmark memberships just aren't worthwhile.

-- Fabbo

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home