Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Sunday, October 18, 2009

No holidays, No help

From Shaz:


I wish I had found this site before I parted with $10,000 in 2002.

I had payed for the credits which i have managed to use only 3 short times as it is never convenient to Trendwest when i can take holidays. Today I called to see if they could assit to sell my shares as i was informed that Century would help me sell them when i wanted to. I was told in no uncertain terms that it wasnt their problem and that i should keep paying my yearly fees. If i didnt do this they will accumalate all of the fee and take me to court to get this.

I informed them that I am not interested in their service now hence i didnt think I should pay the fee as i could never get the service when it was convenient to me. the costomer service in Qld AUST disagreed.

Any ideas?


Ah, if I could only get $10,000 everytime somebody asked me this!!

Put simply, sell now! You can do this via eBay (sample auctions) via via resellers such as RedSeason (who very much know the market).

Prices are around $1/credit but just remember -- the longer you hold onto it, the more it costs you. So, get out as soon as possible.

Another option is to 'sell' your annual points and earn money -- see a recent blog post of mine for an example of somebody doing exactly that.

-- Fabbo
Tags:

1 Comments:

  • If you don't think you are getting value for your membership, go along to one of those 'membership refresher' nights for tips and tricks on getting the most out of it.

    We are from Qld and in our 30's, and have about 20k in points. We have travelled the world with worldmark, and have been so happy with it! In 06 we did 4 weeks travelling in Europe, and we ONLY had to pay for our flights. Imagine how much a month in Europe would cost if we had to also pay for the accommodation on top? We would have needed at least another $12k for the apartments.

    We are now in Canada, and have done 6 weeks here also the same way.

    Add to that Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania, the list goes on!

    You just have to remember that the points just keep on giving each year - yes the initial set up costs $, but after a few years it is all worth it. Get online, and book ahead.

    Holidays anytime are never 'inconvenient' for us!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 24 November, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home