Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Two stories of revenge

So often I hear from people who regretted their dealings, it was great to read these comments left by two readers:

My wife and I had a similar experience. We were interested in the premium membership, but concerned with the now or never part. After claifying the cooling off period, we purchased. I went home and researched. I found you could buy a membership through a resale broker for 1/2 the amount they charged. I took my "I changed my mind letter" in the next day. I contacted a broker and had a 6000 credit membership for less than 1/2 the price. They weren't very happy. That made it even more pleasurable. We enjoyed a great week in Branson, MO last summer. We look forward to more in the future.


And one story of somebody who didn't even go that far:

My friend just got into Trendwest and he was trying to get me and my fiancé to join. He took me to a free dinner that they paid for and setup a time to do a meeting with one of their sellers/owners. It was set for tomorrow and she called me twice while I was at work on my cell phone and the second time left a message to call her. I called her to tell her to cancel the meeting because I have been reading to many complaints from people that got with their service and are regretting it very much. And about the different law suits that are going on. I am very thankful that I looked into the company before I went to the meeting. I was still going to say no to them but now I don’t even want their "free" gift that they said they had just for coming to their meeting. I don’t want something from a company that is like this, even if it is "free".

I am glad that I found these blogs and reports about this company to know how much they suck before I got into it. It sounds nice but thats how they get you.


Mmm, indeed!

-- Fabbo
Tags:

3 Comments:

  • Trendwesters won't stop bugging me by phone. Frustrated, I cut one of them short and hung up, I have my limits. Last night, at 330 am on the dot, one of them called me, waking me up from a deep sleep and then hanging up. I don't talk to anyone else on the phone so i know it was them. Man am i gonna get them next time, i hope to have them in handcuffs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, 27 May, 2007  

  • My wife and I were also dumb enough to get sucked in to the TrendWest/Wyndham BS. Bought a premium membership, paid CASH (I thought those morons in San Dimas would cream their jeans) and never use it because every place we want to go is always "booked"....HOWEVER, WHEN THEIR STUPID DUES ARE DUE THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND US. What a bunch of crooks. We will sell and take the loss just to get away from them. Theres 12K down the drain...

    By Blogger BurnedinCA, at Friday, 06 July, 2007  

  • Wow, you folks seem to feel like you were really mis-treated! My experience with World Mark has been the exact opposite. I bought my ownership a little over a year ago from an off site location in Tri-cities WA. Our salesman was very kind, courteous and helpful. After sitting through the presentation vacation ownership made perfect financial sense...our choices were keep renting our vacations (100%) loss of our hard earned $$$ or own our vacations and keep the money we were already committed to spending on vacations.
    If you attend the owner education class you will learn how to work this ownership to your advantage. We have never not gotten a reservation. It takes just a little common sense to use this. If you desire a location that is very popular you need to book it out in advance. I have gotten Seaside in June(high season) by putting myself on a wait list in April and I got it. Peoples plans change all the time! As far as the dues are concerned I look at it as a savings because when my ownership is paid off I could never vacation 7 times a year in luxurious condos on 600.00 a year. Last year alone we went to the Oregon coast 3 times, Hawaii, Maui for 8 days, Leavenworth for Thanksgiving for a week, Seattle on opening day of the Seahawks, and Arrowpoint in Idaho! Some of those trips in peak season. I researched this and WM has the lowest annual dues in the industry. They only feel stupid because you haven't taken the time to learn how to use this! If you own a car or house you have to pay something to maintain it...right? WorldMark has been one of the BEST decisions we ever made when it came to vacations. We have more memories as a family traveling with WM than renting our vacations from a hotel chain. Lets face it staying in a 300 square foot room with 2 little kids isn't so much fun! I would only consider your 12K down the drain only because you have made the choice to not ask for help on how to use it. And is there really a need to insult your salesperson...he feeds his family the same way you do.

    As for the phone calls...if you don't want them to call you why not ask them to put you on the Do Not call list? Plus I find it really hard to believe that they are calling you at 3:30 in the morning. WM is the largest vacation ownership company only second to Marriott and they didn't get that big by making people mad by calling in the wee hours of the morning. Give me a break!

    My family and I couldn't be happier with our ownership. As far as I am concerned WM is the most reputable company in the timeshare industry. I would recommend WM to anyone...in fact most of my friends and family already own!

    By Blogger Love WM, at Friday, 09 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home