Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Friday, September 12, 2008

A $1500 lesson?

This just in from a reader:

My husband and I went to a Worldmark presentation last month and bought 7000 credits. We signed all the paper and paid $1500 deposit. We've attended the education workshop right away. I started to have the access to the on-line booking since last week...and I'm totally disappointed for the fact that 1) the availability of those popular places are extremely low 2) the fees for all-inclusive resorts are much higher than I thought - the extra fees were not mentioned at all during the presentation 3) cruises are much expensive than what I can get from my travel agent. My husband just wants to get out of Worldmark at this point. $1500 to learn a lesson!! Do you think we can just stop all future payments and leave?


Alas, I think you are in trouble. You need to review your contract and seek legal advice. Wyndham make their money this way and aren't likely to release you so easily. You might be lucky if you have not received any credits to date (it depends on what it meant by a "deposit"). I think this lesson will be costing you a lot more than $1500.

-- Fabbo
Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home