Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Underage and Underfunded -> Class Action?

This message was left recently by a visitor on the blog:

I'm in Australia and am having similar problems with this company. They lured me into their sales meeting with promises of a free gift, and suckered me into signing up for 7,000 credits. The thing is, to qualify to buy credits, you have to be over 25 and earning a certain income, right? Well my girlfriend co-signed with me and she was under 25 and earning much less than the required income. But they still let her sign the contract. So she couldn't afford to make her half of the repayments and now I've been stuck with the full brunt of the $196 monthly payments PLUS the upkeep levies which are probably now in excess of $1000 they say I owe them. It's killing me and I can't afford to pay it.

I've put probably over $5000 into these timeshares so far and haven't even used any of it yet. What I would like to do is cancel my contract and recover all my money back on legal grounds!

On what grounds could I file a lawsuit?

Please email me on bossplaya77(at)optusnet.com.au if you have any advice or can help.

Perhaps we could get together a group of people who are in a similar boat with Trendwest in Australia and file a Class Action lawsuit against the company.

I will be consulting some lawyers and getting some legal advice soon. Please email me on above email address if you wish to put your name down for a Class Action lawsuit against Trendwest, cancel your contract and get your money back!

Jesse Ward
Tags:

2 Comments:

  • I have had an unfortunate experience with Wyndham timeshares. I bought a property (US$14000+) for a very specific reason relating to their PIC scheme. One year later I discovered that what I had bought was not what I believed it to be and the salesman had been fired for has unethical sales tactics! I certainly had not been told all the facts at the sales presentation!
    After over two months persuing a complaint with Wyndham -- the ruling was basically you signed the contract so tough. I am now faced with selling the purchase if I can at a loss.
    I can't afford to persue a corporation like Wyndham through the courts!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, 17 August, 2008  

  • I have the same bad experience with worldmark like your guys.And i want to sue them too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 28 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home