Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Thursday, August 21, 2008

How to get our of Worldmark?

Unfortunately, I often receive questions from readers, such as this one from Susan:

My husband and I went to the presentation and bought it, but now are desperately trying to sell our 6,000 points. Let me know if anyone has any great ideas on how to sell to another WorldMark owner that loves vacationing or to someone new. We are willing to sell the points for much less than the original price. We just got in over our heads!


All I can suggest is eBay or RedSeason, where credits seem to be going for around $1 (which is their true market value, not the $2 that Wyndham charges).

It's probably better to buy from a broker such as RedSeason or Time Share Angels, just to get all the paperwork right. Some of the people selling on eBay and practically no money, but want you to assume their debt, which can be half the problem in the first place.

Good luck!

-- Fabbo
Tags:

1 Comments:

  • My husband and I went to a Worldmark presentation last month and bought 7000 credits. We signed all the paper and paid $1500 deposit. We've attended the education workshop right away. I started to have the access to the on-line booking since last week...and I'm totally disappointed for the fact that 1) the availability of those popular places are extremely low 2) the fees for all-inclusive resorts are much higher than I thought - the extra fees were not mentioned at all during the presentation 3) cruises are much expensive than what I can get from my travel agent. My husband just wants to get out of Worldmark at this point. $1500 to learn a lesson!! Do you think we can just stop all future payments and leave?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 11 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home