Keeping watch on Trendwest / WorldMark by Wyndham

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The one day of the year

A reader writes...

My husband and I recently purchased vacation credits through Worldmark, and we are very frustrated with it!

We had plans to go to Hawaii about a month after we purchased the package and asked them if we could possibly use our new vacation credits at the timeshare in Waikiki. The sales rep looked at his computer, said that it was unavailable at the time, but told us that it would "most likely" be available by the time we went. Much to my surprise, Worldmark only ones 1-5 properties for that location and it only available for ONE DAY over the next year!!

How is it even possible that they can post that they have a property there! The salesmans straight us LIED to us on numerous occasions and I'm so angry with their deceitfulness. I want to picket in front of their property because I am so mad. Does anyone else feel the way I do? I have experience NOTHING GOOD from them, and I'm sick of their sales people telling me that it's so awesome. IT IS NOT!


Picket? Yes! You should even open a sales office outside the Wyndham location, selling credits for half price. Imagine the marketing sign -- "After the presentation, come out here and buy for half price!" Hehe.

-- Fabbo

Tags:

1 Comments:

  • As you are exiting the resort at Angels Camp in norcal, there's a sign advertising timeshare resales. I am satisfied with the 12,000 points I originally purchased from WorldMark at $1.50 per point Then bought 8,000 more from Timeshare Angels at $.90 per point. Purchase of resale points lowered my average cost per point to $1.25. Wyndham has started to sell Travel Share to discourage resale purchases by giving Travel Share owners earlier booking windows for points purchased from them. You can't use resale points for Travel Share membership which requires a minimum of 20,000 points. I prefer the lower point cost so won't join Travel Share. I am not sure of the legality of Wyndham excluding resale points but if owners hold out by not purchasing more points from Wyndham to join Travel Share, Wyndham will have to look for other ways to sell points that they are stuck with because of falling sales & defaults.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Tuesday, 29 December, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home